My first date with Matt was Christmas Day 2005 followed by a Halloween engagement and then a "Fall In Love" Wedding October 27, 2007. I live in Oklahoma City, I am a Landman and have 4 animals who I adore. AND NOW the Savage's are on the move......Columbus, Ohio...here we come! I hope you enjoy my blog!!
Take some time today to remember all those who served in the Military.........and I hope today is spent with loved ones! I am typing this on Friday before I leave so when you read this I will be at my brothers beach front home celebrating with a cookout on the beach!
See you guys soon!
Todays Five for Friday is going to be 5 things about my San Diego vacation that starts today.................
1. I know this may sound silly but I am already missing my animals so much it hurts and I am not even on the plane yet! It is pathetic but I can guarantee you there will be tears! I love them so much it hurts!
2. We leave today and come home Tuesday at midnight.....so you will have to miss me!! But don't worry I will be back next Wednesday with vacation pictures and stories for you!
3. I am so excited to see Curtis and would you know that this is the FIRST family vacation we have all taken in probable over 20 years. It's True!
4. I am not a fan of flying so keep me in your thoughts....because I swear I can get motion sickness at the drop of a hat!
5. Some highlights we are doing during the next 4 days are......going to see Glee Live! Going to see the Hangover II, shopping, whale watching, relaxing and who knows what else....I am sure good food will be involved to!
Happy Thursday Friends! Can you believe we are almost at the Holiday weekend? So to start I am so Thankful for the long weekend ahead! What else am I thankful for today?
* I am Thankful to be a fan of the classiest, most humble, good natured and hard working NBA team in the league. The Thunder ended their season with a final loss to the Mavs last night and it was heartbreaking. But at the same time I am so thankful to be apart of this "Oklahoma Family" who is so proud of our home team (win or not)......we will get em next year! Thunder Up!
* I am SO Thankful that my basil is not only growing but doing so well! I usually kill everything and I am overjoyed that I have been able to walk into my backyard and use my very own fresh basil!
I have a fun tip for you........if you have leftover basil laying around why not make Basil Lemonade? I mean literally all I did was make some pink lemonade and throw in some basil to infuse. I then garnished the glass when I served it! It was a nice subtle touch!
* Next, I am thankful that over the years I have become somewhat of a good cook! And I am so proud of myself, last night I used what I know about soups to make my own homemade Manhattan Clam Chowder! It was so easy and so good! The recipe is after the pic...........
yellow onion (chopped), 2 carrots (peeled and diced), 3 garlic cloves (minced), 2 cups chicken stock, 2 bay leaves, 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes (do not drain), 2 cans of clams (do not drain), S & P Directions:
- Over Med-high heat sauté your onion and carrots in a large soup pot with EVOO
- Throw your garlic in when your onions start to get soft
- Add 2 cups chicken stock, tomatoes, clams and bay leaves and bring to a boil
- Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20minutes
- Remove your bay leaves and season to your taste!
* You know what else I am Thankful for? That I have a job that lets me work from home! It really is like a dream! This is the best job I have had and I am very Thankful!
* Lastly I am Thankful for all your comments, everyone who entered my contest and for all my new followers! I think I am going to try to do giveaways more often! So......drumroll please........the winner of the Scentsy Gift is...............
True Random Number Generator7Powered by RANDOM.ORG
I am baaack.............. I didn't want to miss this weeks What I am Loving Wednesday! I have some random things I am loving today..........
1. I LOVE that Hines Ward won DWTS!!! He was my favorite, I mean what a nice guy! When he danced his face just lit up the stage! Kim also deserved to finally win.....congrats!
2. So I ordered this amazing grey jersey knit dress from JCrew and I am only hoping it looks as good on me as it does in this picture! I mean who wouldn't love a dress made like a t-shirt? It comes in a few colors but I love grey.....wanna buy one? Click HERE!
3. This puppy was just delivered by the UPS man and it is from one of my favorite stores......Sur La Table! I mean who wouldn't want a cute lemon pitcher? And did I mention it was on sale? Double score!
4. I am listening to the new Glee Cd right now.....and I love it! It covers everything from Born this way to Turning Tables! Loves it!
5. San Diego.......I am loving that I leave THIS Friday! I am also loving that I get to go to a new place and I get to spend time with my brother!
6. Lastly, I am loving our OKC Thunder! Tonight is a HUGE game......if the Mavs win our season is over! I am also loving Kevin Durant who seems like the nicest guy ever.....we are so lucky to have him represent our team! I heart KD!
Hi! Yesterday was eventful here in Oklahoma City and before we talk about that I want to take you back to May 3, 1999. Below the picture is of me and my friends huddled down in the lecture center in my High School on that day. We were in school late for a drama performance when we got word there was a tornado outbreak. (yes, I am blonde) Our teacher was amazing not letting on how serious the situation was hence our picture below. But then disaster struck we all laid on the ground on top of one another as the tornado ripped apart our school. It is awful and my memory blocked out most of the events but I remember one thing like it was yesterday..... I remember closing my ears tight because when the roof was being ripped off above us it was the loudest thing I have ever experienced. It sounded like a freight train was being driven over our heads. It was horrific. Luckily there were only about 20 of us in the entire school......but nothing prepared us to what we saw next.
This friends is part of the school with our Westmoore flag flying high above. When we were able to get out of the rubble it looked like a war scene.....you couldn't even tell where you were. A week later we found my car flat like a pancake and I was able to rip off my rear view mirror which I still have to this day. We were 3 weeks from graduation and school just stopped.....the grades we had that day is what we were left with.
This is my neighborhood.......were I live now. I live right next door to the school and it was wiped out. I live in one of the few remaining original homes that is on the street farthest from the school. But when the news channels last night were saying a EF4 was headed directly in the May 3 path you can imagine why I freaked. May 3rd was an EF5 the largest in record. You can only imagine what my parents thought when the news said Westmoore was leveled and I was inside. It took hours for me to be able to start walking towards my parents home and for my dad to finally find me in the chaos.
Fast forward to last night...........
Living in Oklahoma the tornado sirens go off a lot, most of the time you ignore it and move on with your day....but when the news gives your EXACT street and a time of impact you move. Below is the closet under our stairs, the safest place for us. Bella, the cat in already tucked in safe towards the back.
As soon as the sirens went off I started throwing everything into the office that was in the closet and then I went to get my cat into her carrier which was a nightmare. Poor baby.
What happened next was a miracle the touch down was 1 block from us but then the tornado lifted.....Matt yelled at me to come outside (I went against my better judgement) And this eye in the sky is directly over our house and it was where the tornado pulled back.
Our poor animals were worked up between watching us worry and cramming in and out the closet, here is our weenies needing some protective love from Matt.
After the tornado moved the hail started...........it was insane and Matt's truck as many battle scares. The rain was so heavy, so fast our backyard started to flood. But it could of been SO much worse.....so many in Oklahoma City and the surrounding area lost their homes. It is devastating.
Never a dull moment in Oklahoma City but I guess that is why they call us Tornado Alley. I am so thankful God answered my prayers, I can't live thru another tornado but I continue to pray for those across Oklahoma and Joplin, Missouri. I don't know what I would of done if something was to happen to Matt or my animals.
1. Remember to follow my blog and leave me a comment on my prior post to win my giveaway tomorrow!
2. Thunder UP! Game 5 tonight!
Hi guys......so I meant to do this last week to celebrate the fact that I hit 1,000 posts, I am at 1,006 and still excited!!!!! But better late than never correct? So whats the best way to celebrate?? A giveaway!!!!! What am I giving away????? 2 you heard me 2 spring/summer Scentsy bars!!!!!!!!
And you will need something to put these in!!!! You will also get this wonderful Weave Scarlett Scentsy plug-in!!!!! And I will ship these items to you!
To check out my Scentsy site click HERE! How to enter???? You must do 2 things.........
1. Become a follower of my blog if you are not already! You can find that about 1/2way down on the left hand side and click the button that says "follow"
2. Leave me a comment and tell me what are you doing to celebrate Memorial Weekend?
You have until Thursday morning to enter and I will randomly generate a winner! Get excited and pass this link on to your friends so they can enter also!
Happy Tuesday Friends!
So before I start my "can't win em all" post... check out what Ellen tweeted this weekend! Okc's hard work has paid off, how excited! I wonder when she will come!???
Saturday night was Game 3 against the Mavs and in addition to the almost 19,000 that were going to the actual game there was an additional 3,000 that came just to watch the game outside the arena....it was insane downtown!
Since they only give XXL shirts each game Matt has 6 new playoff shirts.....Thunder Pride!
Here it is 30 minutes before the game is set to start and loyal Thunder fans have already packed the arena to cheer on our team at pre-game practice!
This was an important game the series was tied 1-1 and this is the Western Conference Finals people!!!! But even though our guys tried we just were not up to par and we lost so heartbreaking! Tonight is Game 4 here in OKC, come on guys!
So, Oklahoma's own Hanson sang the national anthem and they did great! Something cool is they stayed to watch the game and actually sat 2 rows away from us with their family! It was also nice to see them wear the Thunder shirts and cheer on the team!
Go Rumble.......Go Rumble.........
The game opening Jump Ball........
Get it KD!
So........speaking of not being able to win em all.............. I spent like 2 hours last week baking a lime pound cake from Southern Living and I sprayed the pan like crazy BUT this happened!
I mean really? I was so upset, UGG!!!!!!!!!! In a fury I threw the whole thing away.........I may be a good cook but everyone has mistakes and now I look back and laugh!
I had an over all great weekend! How was yours? I have a BUSY week ahead......I leave on Friday night for San Diego with my family to visit my brother for 4 days!
So...it happened, the flash mob was actually on ELLEN! I can not believe that I was one of those people, this is the coolest thing EVER! I grabbed my camera and recorded it but I am sorry it is not loud I should of turned my TV up more and why it recorded in 2 segments I don't know! Also I guess due to copyright reasons they changed up our song! LOL but we all know it is Thunderstruck!!!!!
So for this Friday's addition of Five for Friday I am calling it 5 things about last night.............
1. Last night was May Giveaway which is the end of the year banquet for Junior Hospitality. We had the banquet at a local country club and everything turned out perfectly!
2. The main reason we celebrate is because last night we gave away out grant money for the 2010-2011 year to The Bethel Foundation. Below is me, Lynda the director of the Bethel Foundation and our president Jen. Last night also concluded my 2 year run as Community Outreach director so getting speak on behalf our group and present the grant money was so special for me! And the money we gave the Bethel Foundation is going to help them purchase 2 commercial freezers.
3. Each year at May Giveaway we can all invite a friend who is wanting to join JH in the fall. My friend Lindsay from work wants to join so she was gladly my plus 1! It is neat to invite new people to see us present out grant and really see the main reason why JH exists!
4. 2 years ago Becky was my plus 1 and fast forward to last night.....she was sworn in as a member of the board. I love that she loves it as much as I do.
5. This is Jennifer and I presented her with an award.....she participated in the most service drives this last year. Jennifer was sworn in as an official member last night and we are all excited to see what she will bring to the group. Wondering what my position is for the upcoming year? I will be our Provisional Director.....which essentially means I am in charge of all the new girls a/k/a our Provisionals. I will guide them, educate them and be their liaison in the club.....and I am looking forward to it.